Monday, 25 July 2011
BSNL 3G speeds at various places in hyderabad like Tarnaka, Lalapet, Nacharam, Uppal, cherlapally are measured quantitatively at different times from morning to night, to find out how the speed is varying.
Speeds are measured from a distance of nearly 100 meters from a 3G cell tower, got good speeds compared to other places.
3. Other Places:
How is it tested?
Model: Samsung Galaxy GT-I5800
OS: Android 2.1 (Eclair)
3G Speed: 3.6Mbps (HSDPA)
Speedtest.net latest version(2.0.3) from android market is used for measuring the speeds. Many number of servers available, out of which three servers are in India, located at Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. It automatically selected the nearest server i.e. Chennai.
It is always ensured that signal strength is full (All signal bars are present) and shows H symbol (HSDPA). For each sample taken, speeds are measured two to three times, the one with lowest speeds is selected.
- Maximum download speed observed is 2.10Mbps and minimum is 0.27Mbps
- Upload speed is almost constant through out the day and at different places
- If you are nearer to the tower you will get good speeds
- Morning time is better for high speed browsing
- Evening to Night network is mostly congested so low speeds
- In City outskirts network is less congested so good speeds at all times